Maintaining Single Central Records
18 April 2018, 5 June 2018
Registration: 8.45, Start: 9.00, FINISH: 13.00
Mabledon Place, London, WC1H 9BD
This half-day event is for all those who are involved in keeping single central records and considers issues around setting up and maintaining the data on the Schools’ Single Central Record in the context of the most up to date regulations, guidance and best practice.
The Single Central Record must include relevant information about all staff, including supply staff and trainee teachers. It should include not only those who provide education to children but anybody who comes into regular contact with children, including volunteers. It applies to maintained and independent schools, including academies and free schools, all members of governing bodies and proprietors of privately owned schools.
Schools have a mandatory responsibility to keep a Single Central Record and must be able to evidence to inspectors that they have carried out the range of checks required by the law on their staff. A copy of the documents used to verify the successful candidate’s identity, right to work and required qualifications should be kept for the personnel file.
This course is ideal for:
- Designated Safeguarding Leads
- School Governors
- School Business Managers and Bursers
- Administrative Officers who work with the Single Central Record
Course Outcomes: Participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of the regulatory framework and best practice underpinning the format and content of the SCR
- Considered the categories of staff/workers that should be recorded on the SCR
- Explored options around format and content of the SCR
- Learned about the key pre-employment checks for school based staff, volunteers, contractors and Agency workers
- An understanding of how to apply this in practice in reviewing their own school SCR and the related pre-employment checking processes
testimonials from delegates who have attended this event:
Benefits of attending our training course on this topic:
- A facilitator who is a professional HR practitioner with experience in delivering training in the context of safer recruitment and Single Central Record keeping
- A programme that is comprehensive and appropriate to the role of SCR keepers
- Limited group size to maximise the opportunity for discussion and sharing of experience
- Training materials and resources that are up to date and relevant to the topic
- A training programme that promotes best practice and professionalism and enables participants to meet all the requirements for keeping of Single Central Records
Tony is a professional HR practitioner and Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development with over 30 years’ experience working in senior positions within the public sector. This includes 2 years’ operating as Head of HR for a Local Authority and over 10 years supporting Schools and the Children’s Service in a Senior HR Business Partner role, coordinating major organisational change, managing employee relations’ matters, leading on recruitment and selection campaigns and applying creative HR solutions to organisational issues.
Over the past five years most of the HR support Tony has offered has been related to the education sector, conducting investigations, delivering HR related training around Safer Recruitment and the Single Central Record and auditing HR processes.
Prices for ½ day courses are £159 per person and 1 day courses at £249 per person (prices exclude VAT)
We offer a 10% discount for 2 and 20% discount for 3 people attending the same course from the same setting.
Further discounts are also available for 4 or more delegates, please contact us for details.
Booking a place
Please click on 'Register Here' below to reserve your places. Complete the form and click on submit and we will send an email acknowledging your booking.
Invoices will be raised on submission of a booking form.
If you would like assistance registering your place please contact our team on 01243 544 960 and we will be happy to assist.