Pastoral Care & Safeguarding for Governors and Trustees
14 june 2017, 9.00 - 13.00
This half-day event is for all those who have a role as governors or trustees in educational establishments and who need to fully understand their responsibilities in promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people.
The statutory guidance, ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ and the Independent Schools Inspectorate, places requirements on all governing bodies. Governing bodies must make sure their school has policies and procedures in place and consider any other statutory guidance or policies issued by the Secretary of State, any local authority guidance and locally agreed inter-agency procedures.
It is recommended that all governing body members receive up to date training about pastoral care and safeguarding, whether the governing body acts collectively or an individual member takes the lead. This ensures they have the good skills and knowledge for their role, enabling them to fulfil their responsibilities effectively and actively promote the well-being of all pupils
Course Outcomes: Participants will have:
- Refreshed and updated their knowledge about pastoral care, safeguarding and child protection
- Developed their awareness of the role and responsibilities held by school governors and trustees and their duty of care
- Considered strategies for supporting and assisting school staff to provide a safe environment in schools for all children and young people in the context of pastoral care
This course is ideal for all current Governors or Trustees and anyone else considering taking on this role in the future
testimonials from delegates who have attended this event:
Benefits of attending our training course on this topic:
- A facilitator with extensive experience in working with and delivering training to school governing bodies and trustees in education settings
- A programme that is comprehensive and appropriate to the role of Governors an Trustees in education
- Limited group size to maximise the opportunity for discussion and sharing of experience
- Training materials and resources that are up to date and relevant to the topic
- A training programme that promotes best practice and professionalism and enables participants to meet their requirements for contributing to an effective governing body
Lynne has provided training programmes and advice and support to both state and independent schools with subsequent improved OFSTED ratings. She is a CEOP (Child Exploitation Online Protection) ambassador. She has conducted training needs analyses with schools and education services and designed courses to meet identified needs. Lynne has also designed and delivered a training course for School Governors to help them to address their role and responsibility in promoting the safety and welfare of pupils.
For the last ten years Lynne has worked within the Education Sector training staff to look out for and refer any signs of abuse and neglect. She has extensive training experience in both the health and education sectors and is an accredited NSPCC trainer.
We have linked with Eventbrite to provide a secure, fast and easy way to book places. Please click on 'Order Now' below to reserve your places. Payment can be made by Credit/Debit card instantly or by Invoice
If you would like assistance registering your place please contact our team on 01243 544 960 and we will be happy to assist.
Discounts for 4 or more delegates are also available.
Want to pay by invoice? If you select your tickets and click on the green 'Order Now' button. Once you’re through to the registration page, you can switch payment method from Credit/ Debit Card to Pay by Invoice– if you get stuck please call us on 01243 544 960 and we will be happy to help.