Designated Safeguarding Leads – Refresher/Update (Level 3)
21 September, 6 November and 4 December 2017
Registration: 8.45, Start: 9.00, Close: 16.00
Mabledon Place, London, WC1H 9BD
Every educational establishment is required to appoint staff with a responsibility for safeguarding and child protection. They need to be able to take a lead in ensuring that relevant policies and protocols are up to date and that staff are aware of what they need to do to promote the welfare and pastoral care of children and young people.
This event is ideal for:
- Headteachers and Deputy Heads
- Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Any member of staff who are a reference point for staff with safeguarding concerns
This responsibility requires a well-grounded and confident understanding of current pastoral and safeguarding issues and how to apply statutory requirements. It is expected that safeguarding leads will refresh and update their learning every two years in line with Ofsted’s Safeguarding Children Briefing.
Benefits of attending this training
- Training by a facilitator who has many years’ experience in the education sector, is an accredited NSPCC trainer and an Ambassador for CEOP (Child Exploitation Online Protection)
- A programme that is appropriate for both those who are new to the role of safeguarding lead and those who are refreshing prior learning
- Limited group size to maximise the opportunity for discussion and sharing of experience
- Training materials and resources that are up to date and relevant to current issues in an ever-changing environment
- A training programme that exceeds the requirements of “Keeping Children Safe in Education” for designated safeguarding leads
- Training that promotes best practice and professionalism
Course Outcomes: Participants will have:
- Up to date practical knowledge about the role of the safeguarding lead
- Developed their skills in knowing how best to advise staff about safeguarding and child protection concerns
- Gained confidence in judging when and how to make effective referrals to statutory services
- Considered how to work more effectively with other agencies
testimonials from delegates who have attended this event:
Lynne has provided training programmes and advice and support to both state and independent schools with subsequent improved OFSTED ratings. She is a CEOP (Child Exploitation Online Protection) ambassador. She has conducted training needs analyses with schools and education services and designed courses to meet identified needs. Lynne has also designed and delivered a training course for School Governors to help them to address their role and responsibility in promoting the safety and welfare of pupils.
For the last ten years Lynne has worked within the Education Sector training staff to look out for and refer any signs of abuse and neglect. She has extensive training experience in both the health and education sectors and is an accredited NSPCC trainer.
We have linked with Eventbrite to provide a secure, fast and easy way to book places. Please click on 'Order Now' below to reserve your places. Payment can be made by Credit/Debit card instantly or by Invoice
If you would like assistance registering your place please contact our team on 01243 544 960 and we will be happy to assist.
Discounts for 4 or more delegates are also available.
Want to pay by invoice? If you select your tickets and click on the green 'Order Now' button. Once you’re through to the registration page, you can switch payment method from Credit/ Debit Card to Pay by Invoice– if you encounter any difficulties with the site please call us on 01243 544 960 and we will be happy to help.