Designated Safeguarding Leads – Refresher/Update (Level 3)
During the current uncertain situation, we have reluctantly decided not to offer any further face to face courses. We are all having to make difficult decisions about travelling and attending events and it seems wise to avoid any unnecessary risk. We will, of course, be organising courses again when the current crisis is resolved and we look forward to seeing you when everything is back to normal.
Every educational establishment is required to appoint staff with a responsibility for safeguarding and child protection. They need to be able to take a lead in ensuring that relevant policies and protocols are up to date and that staff are aware of what they need to do to promote the welfare and pastoral care of children and young people.
This event is ideal for:
- Headteachers and Deputy Heads
- Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Any members of staff who are a nominated reference point for colleagues with safeguarding concerns
This responsibility requires a well-grounded and confident understanding of current pastoral and safeguarding issues and how to apply statutory requirements. It is expected that safeguarding leads will refresh and update their learning every two years in line with Ofsted’s Safeguarding Children Briefing.
Benefits of attending this training
- Training by a facilitator who has many years’ experience in the education sector, is an accredited NSPCC trainer and an Ambassador for CEOP (Child Exploitation Online Protection)
- A programme that is ideal for those who are refreshing prior learning
- Limited group size to maximise the opportunity for discussion and sharing of experience
- Training materials and resources that are up to date and relevant to current issues in an ever-changing environment
- A training programme that exceeds the requirements of “Keeping Children Safe in Education” for designated safeguarding leads
- Training that promotes best practice and professionalism
Course Outcomes: Participants will have:
- Up to date practical knowledge about the role of the safeguarding lead
- Developed their skills in knowing how best to advise staff about safeguarding and child protection concerns
- Gained confidence in judging when and how to make effective referrals to statutory services
- Considered how to work more effectively with other agencies
testimonials from delegates who have attended this event:
Previously the Manager of Barnet Safeguarding Children Board and working extensively with local schools, she has also contributed to national and London policy and procedures.
Helen has had significant roles developing and delivering training and support in safeguarding and child protection for partners, including schools and early years’ settings. She also provides consultancy and advice to help schools develop or review safeguarding practice, policy and procedures
Prices for ½ day courses are usually £159 per person and 1 day courses at £249 per person (prices exclude VAT)
We offer a 10% discount for 2 and 20% discount for 3 people attending the same course from the same setting.
Further discounts are also available for 4 or more delegates, please contact us for details.
Booking a place
Please click on 'Register Here' below to reserve your places. Complete the form and click on submit and we will send an email acknowledging your booking.
Invoices will be raised on submission of a booking form.
If you would like assistance registering your place please contact our team on 01243 544 960 and we will be happy to assist.