Safeguarding for Charities and Voluntary Organisations
working together to keep children safe
“Where an agency or community group is responsible for bringing together children and adults, that agency/group must exercise its responsibilities to ensure that the children are safe and protected from avoidable harm. Each agency/group should develop and promote a written strategy for ensuring that all staff receive appropriate training in the recognition and response to potential child protection concerns and the operation of their child protection policies and procedures.”
London Child Protection Procedures 5th Edition, 2016
Since 1998 we have been delivering safeguarding training to many organisations in the third sector. Each member of our team of training associates has specialist knowledge in their own field and experience of delivering training to staff and volunteers from a variety of organisations who need to ensure that their knowledge and skills are relevant and up to date.
Where participant numbers are small some organisations may wish to join with other agencies in their locality to maximise use of training resources.
In addition to safeguarding and child protection awareness courses at all levels we can offer bespoke “in-house” versions of our courses in response to individual commissions.
Some of the topics we have already successfully delivered to agencies include:
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Awareness
- Safeguarding Refresher for Senior Staff
- Contributing Effectively to Child Protection Conferences
- Learning from Serious Case Reviews
- Internet and Social Media Safety
- Domestic Abuse and the Impact on Children
- The Role of the Safeguarding Lead in Health and Social Care
- Promoting Sexual Health in Young People
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Working with Children and Young People who have Disabilities
- The impact of gang culture on children and young people
- Understanding the Autistic Spectrum
- Safer Recruitment for Members of Appointment Panels
- Managing Allegations Against Staff
- The Role of The Designated Lead
If you would like to discuss how we can help deliver trainining o any of these topics to your self or to a group of staff in your agency please call us on 01243 544 960 or Contact us for further information.
Our team of facilitators
All our training facilitators are experts in their specialist field, with relevant qualifications and are part of our team because they are also outstanding training professionals.
They utilise a wide variety of training techniques, recognising that individuals learn at a different pace and use different approaches to achieve effective information exchange. The delivery for each course will be appropriate for the group and for each individual attending on the day.
We understand that budgets are increasingly under pressure so we have designed these events to provide a cost effective solution to the training needs of this sector. Discounts for multiple delegates are available now and options will be available soon for block bookings allowing individual team members to each select and attend the courses that are relevant and appropriate for them.
We can provide in-house 'whole setting' training for groups where there is a common need for training or updating on a topic.